These twice baked lemon biscotti with pistachios and white chocolate are packed full of flavor from lemon zest and nutty pistachios.
These biscotti are baked until golden, cut into individual cookies, and baked again until crisp on the outside, tender on the inside. Dipped in melted white chocolate and sprinkled with more pistachios, these biscotti cookies are so, so delicious.
Why You'll Love These Biscotti
They're crisp and crunchy, and also tender, perfect for dipping in hot tea or coffee, or even hot cocoa. These are so fantastic dipped in tea, like Earl Grey or Chai. They are easy to make, requires NO chilling, and I've provided full step by step photo recipe instructions below.
All purpose flour
Fine sea salt
Lemon zest - lots of zest for lots of lemon flavor
Pistachios - a mix of coarsely and finely chopped
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the sugar and lemon zest. Use your fingers to work the zest into the sugar. This releases the oils in the zest and pulls out lots of flavor. The sugar should be damp and very fragrant. (You can also use a hand mixer to make these biscotti.)
- Beat in the butter until lightened and well combined, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla.
- Beat in the dry ingredients.
- Stir in the chopped pistachios.
- Form the dough into a log, 13" long, 3" wide and about 1" tall.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Cool for 30 minutes.
- Slice the biscotti log into slices at a diagonal, ½" to ¾" thick. Place the cookies back on the cookie sheet and bake again for 15 minutes. Cool completely.
- Melt white chocolate in a microwave for 30 second increments, stirring after each until smooth and melted.
- Dip the biscotti into the chocolate.
- Sprinkle with chopped pistachios. Let the chocolate firm up before serving.
Storage and Freezing
Biscotti can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days. They can be stored in an airtight container and frozen for up to 3 months.
Baking Tips for Perfect Lemon Biscotti
- Bake the sliced biscotti longer if you want them more crunchy. Bake for a shorter time if you want them more tender.
- Make sure the biscotti log is cooled before slicing into individual cookies. Cutting the log while warm can result in crumbling when slicing.
- For a thinner dipping chocolate, add 2 teaspoons of vegetable shortening or coconut oil to the chocolate when melting.
Substitutions and Variations
Substitute orange zest in place of lemon zest and use dark chocolate in place of white chocolate for dark chocolate orange pistachio biscotti.
Replace the pistachios with almonds or macadamia nuts.
Add chopped, dried cherries or cranberries for a pop of fruity flavor.
Cracks along top of the baked log are normal. You can choose to dip the biscotti in white chocolate along the tops if you wish to cover any cracks.
I prefer to eat them as is. It's also common to dunk them in tea or coffee to soften them a bit. Either way, they're delicious.
If you make these lemon biscotti with pistachios and white chocolate, let me know! Drop a comment or tag me on Instagram. I love seeing your bakes!
For more cookie recipes, check out these posts:
Lemon Biscotti with Pistachios and White Chocolate
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons pistachios, chopped
- 1 ½ cup white chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.2 cups all purpose flour, 1½ teaspoons baking powder, ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the sugar and lemon zest. Rub the zest into the sugar with your fingers until the sugar is damp and very fragrant.⅔ cup granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Beat in the butter, until lightened and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.2 large eggs
- Beat in the vanilla.1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Beat in the flour mixture until just combined.
- Stir in 1 cup of the pistachios.1 cup + 2 tablespoons pistachios, chopped
- Form the dough into a 13" long, 3" wide and 1" tall log on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake the biscotti until light golden brown, about 40 minutes.
- Cool the biscotti to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- Place the cooled biscotti on the cutting board. Using a sharp serrated knife, cut the log on a diagonal into ½" to ¾" thick slices.
- Place the biscotti back on to the parchment paper. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Once the biscotti are cooled, melt the white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl for 30 second increments, stirring after each increment, until melted and smooth.1 ½ cup white chocolate, chopped
- Dip the biscotti into the melted chocolate. Gently shake off any excess chocolate and place on a cooling rack to set. Sprinkle the chocolate with remaining chopped pistachios.